This is a part-time contracted role, which will exceed no more than 20 hours a week. This role requires an energetic, dedicated and detail-oriented person who can manage multiple tasks associated with external communications. This individual must be a passionate advocate for US foreign policy in Syria and have a willingness to learn and ability to manage tasks in response to shifting priorities. This individual will assist with communications tasks including, but not limited to: writing and editing external communications material (tweets, press releases, newsletters), social media content, media relations, event coordination and online promotion, and other communications and administrative support tasks as assigned.
Ideal candidate is a recent graduate or an undergraduate/graduate student in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing, digital media, or a development-related field.
Applicants will provide support in the following areas. Prior experience in at least 2-3 of these areas is preferable, but a willingness to expand their skillset is required.
- Draft and organize social media content to promote newsletters, videos and media coverage on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Create and coordinate content for social media campaigns
- Monitor and research influencers, trending topics and tools.
- Source content from relevant stakeholders around the world.
- Attend and promote relevant events.
Writing and Editing:
- Photo captions
- Newsletters and press releases
Photo, Video and Graphics:
- Edit and format photos and videos for social media
- Photo, video and audio editing
- Gifs, animations and graphics
- Help compile and update media contact lists
- Prepare media reports on assigned subjects
- Assist with press release/media advisory writing, editing, distribution, and media outreach
Miscellaneous Communications and Administrative Support:
- Taking notes during meetings
- Assist with report preparation for meetings and presentations
- Event planning and coordination
- General administrative and communications support as assigned.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Communications Associate Position.”